Beginner’s Chest-Mass Workout 2
Follow for 6-8 weeks:
1. Barbell Incline Press
4 sets of 12, 8, 8, 8 reps
2. Decline Barbell Press
4 sets of 12, 8-10, 8-10, 8-10 reps
3. Flat-bench machine press
3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Start out light until you have the form down perfectly, then start using more challenging weights.
- The sets listed are all working sets. Perform as many warm-up sets as you need, but never take them anywhere near muscle failure.
- After warm-ups, choose a weight that allows you to approach muscle failure by the target rep listed. Adjust the weight on follow-up sets if necessary.
- The rep sequence for each exercise follows a pyramid scheme; increase the weight and decrease the reps on successive sets.
- Only the heaviest sets should be taken close to muscle failure, which are normally your last 2-3 sets.
- Rest 60-120 seconds between sets and exercises, going longer when using multijoint exercises.